R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Rc10ntc3
Thread: Rc10ntc3
View Single Post
Old 06-04-2003, 05:24 AM
NTC3NUT
Tech Fanatic

The FT balls are not bad, I just had better luck with the TiR balls. I personally think the FT titanium balls will bend easier than the original steel balls, but that may just be my perception. If you don't bend the originals, you won't bend the FT titaniums either. It's all a matter of your driving skill. Personally, I need thicker pillow balls due to my driving style (if you want to call it that). That's the reason I'm going to try the Mugens, the shaft is much larger. If they work out I'll get a set from them in titanium. I'm not sure who makes their titanium stuff, but the parts I've bought from them in the past for my MRX-3 & MBX-4 where all top notch. We'll see.

On the hinge pins, I think the FT polished hinge pins are made for AE by Yokomo. If that's the case you won't go wrong there. I have 2 sets from Yokomo in my pit box and they look awesome. I haven't tried them yet because my TiR pins are doing so well. It baffles me why Lunsford can't make them fit. To say that "If we make them the right size they won't fit" sounds a little silly.