R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Are we at the barrier?
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2007, 08:50 PM
Centerline Racing
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Josh Cyrul
Centerline - The question was "Are we at the barrier?" in terms of development - not people's driving ability.....

I do agree with you though about the speeds - TC Mod at the Champs (96ft straight with a hairpin entering) reached top speeds of 46mph. I'm sure if there was a sweeper on, we would have been in the 50mph range.... I remember going to the Champs and racing 1/12 MOD back in the day ( I think about 1994) where a 14x3 was the hot motor and would rock out a blistering 26mph with lap times in the 12.6 second range.... Now, 1/12 mod runs in the 45mph range running 9.0 second laps on a track that's larger.... I ran a 9.3 in 19T 1/12 this year...lol... Na.... Let's make the cars faster!!!
Josh, I wasn't slamming or bashing. I guess from my perspective of club racing, twice a week at two different tracks, I see noobs come in with a brushless that they ran in their cul-de-sac and expect to run laps with those who have been turning laps with a pt for the better part of a few years.

I have to say, to 'watch' a FT driver at a large event is awe-inspiring and extremely fun...man, if he only had more speed...imagine the crowd pleasing!

I guess from my perspective, its the daily grind at the local tracks, not the twice a year national events that need to be toned down to fit the track size and skill level of those racing.

Great debate!

Regards,
Allan