R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 20 Minute Electric Main Li-Po Truck Class
Old 11-29-2007, 12:45 PM
Cain
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Craps
Spent 3 years racing with the Schulze U-Force 75 that is the finest sensorless ESC you can buy that I will also remind everyone that Castle made a good attempt to copy it with the Mamba. The Schulze had the PC hook up that I used a little, but still the sensorless Schulze is not as smooth as a sensored Novak system.

A good high end radio like a Futaba 3PK or Aitronics M11 is like having the PC in your hand to tune with while on the track and not running back and forth trying to get a cog out with the Mamba on a PC!!! No need for a computer with the Novak, it is already smooth and needs very little adjustment for racing purposes.

Never had a need for the computer on the mamba, I changed the setting manually. Was very smooth.

May give the Novak a try if they make a unit that doesn't need to use a fan, and no not because the rotor upgrade whatever means you don't need it, I want one out of the box that has NO fan included at all, and not because they want you to buy it later. wonder if the R1 does this?

Anyway, how is the 1/10 scale truck class going Craps? You doing any 4wd running there too?