R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Ask Steve "The Evicerator" Weiss
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2007, 08:54 AM
Steve Weiss
The Evicerator

Hey Mark,

I spoke with one of the engineers about your problem yesterday and he seemed pretty surprised that the cyclone wouldn't take a one touch setup from your HRS... he said there shouldn't be anything preventing it from taking the setup and that he specifically remembers testing the one touch setup function with very fast frame rates ...

If we have some time we will try to dig up a cyclone around here and see what we can find out about it!

Originally Posted by MarkBrown
Thanks! I tried HRS last night with a GT7. Once again the GT7 can't be programmed in HRS, but otherwise it functions as expected in HRS (i.e. you can tune the transmitter so that when you pull the trigger the motor speeds up, etc.) I turned the transmitter to PPM mode and the one-touch programming started working as it should. So I was probably seeing the same thing with my Cyclone. Won't know for sure until I hook it back up and try.

My GTB programs in HRS. It would be nice for the spec sheets of new Novak speed controls to call out whether or not the speed control is HRS compatible.