R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Reedy Ti Krypton
View Single Post
Old 06-03-2003, 07:46 PM
ROBORAT
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Pembalap: I finaly have one of my own and I ran a 10x2 at a recent big race. we ran at a fairly big track with some technical sections and geared my Losi 90/21 for a final drive of 7.84. I had 18 deg of timing in it. mind you i was running against as A-Main field with guys running 9s and 8s (D5s, Core's, Ti's, etc) and i had more than enough rip and top end. needless to say i was able to run more efficiently and gave me the opportunity to run a stock profile setting on my GT7 speedo.

last saturday i ran at a small twisty carpet track with a short 90 ft straight. this time i geared significantly lower -> 90/18 or a final drive of 9.15 with 15 deg of timing. ... still a 10x2. coz the track was small a 10x2 naturally seemed to much but i dint have much of a choice, i dont have winds milder the 10. but, it was fast everywhere. i may try a tooth lower (17) on the pinon next time to see if i get better rip out of the tight corners. i think i can sacrifice a bit down that short straight anyway. it was still faster than my Ti and Orion Core of the same wind.