R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Who saw rctvlive about R.O.A.R. ?
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2007, 11:16 AM
Francis M.
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by yyhayyim
I think that ROAR leadership has to also be led by those who embrace the new technology and look to keep an open mind...that's why i'm so happy with our local Tim Potter, who has embraced brushless and Lipo, and has done great things to promote it and fight for the new/better technology, which is all about making the hobby much more easier and enjoyable and innexpensive for those new members and racers Dawn Sanchez mentions are needed...

At our local track there are many who have given electric touring another chance just because of the simplicity and ease of Brusheless and lipo...yet somethimes the local racer or ROAR member might feel like ROAR is run by "old timers" afraid of the new tech, and interests of the companies running the and selling the old tech, which is drawing more and more people away...I'm Glad to see that Dawn Sanchez has some common sense, as we ll as Tim Potter, and they actually support and welcome the new Brushless and Lipo tech and are trying to get ROAR to make hte right changes to allow them and regulate racing with them in fair manner, which will only bring one things to EP racing: an RC Revolution! ROAR will have many, many more fans and members, and its races will definately be held in high esteem and prestige.

I'm for new technology especially when it is convenient but I wouldn't expect roar to start making weight changes for one type of battery that puts out as much as NIMH anyway. Another thing to consider is that roar has to somewhat review IFMAR rules so that our ROAR members who actually race worlds events won't be at a disadvantage racing a class with rules that are not even close to the other sanctioning bodies.....