R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Who saw rctvlive about R.O.A.R. ?
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2007, 10:27 AM
vtl1180ny
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Dawn Sanchez
While I appreciate the comparison... please remember the number of members in AMA with fees paid to the organization and able to be utilized as expenses for non profit generating items such as websites and the count of ROAR members and the minimal fee to become a member.

I'm not trying to make excuses but honestly, we have what we have due to cost factors. Although...... with that said..... we are currently working on a new site that has the ability to gain more information by using the region directors talents more efficiently. Communication is the key.... and ROAR gets it!
ROAR membership is $30 a year, AMA is $58 plus my son who is a Jr and it costs me a dollar for him... So for $28 more, I get a full color magazine to read on the bowl every month...

I guess the difference is I need the AMA when I go to any of the 3 flying fields within 20 miles of my house... The only time I'll need the ROAR is when I head to the 5th scale nats...

BUT... My club is going ROAR so everyone who runs with us in 08 is going to need ROAR...