R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Who saw rctvlive about R.O.A.R. ?
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2007, 10:09 AM
Dawn Sanchez
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by yyhayyim
Dawn and the rest of ROAR officials: 2 big issues many are interested in to know the truth about what ROAR has done or will do about them:

Electric touring: 1)when will you approve Lipo? Are you for Lipo or against, and will encased lipos be the only ones allowed and by when?

2) Touring car weight limit- at 1525g, they are heavier than necessary...especially for those who run Lipo...will this be revised? Cant it be dropped at least 75-100g...electric cars will be easier to drive and less stress on the equipment and cars...
1. I am all in favor of Lipo.... with encasings for safety. I am not buying that batteries blow up (NiMH) on their own... what I see is overcharging.. so therefore, we might have to comment on charging specs and guidelines in the book. Lipo is coming... yes, I can confirm that. I would be in favor of stating voltage, unlimited mah and hard casings... when we can get some size specs from manufacturers and chassis companies to ensure our rules are not causing problems for the industry.

2. I will ask Tim Potter, On Road Electric Committee chairperson to comment on that one. I am hoping that very discussion is in review as I type this with the committee.