R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Serpent 705
Thread: Serpent 705
View Single Post
Old 06-03-2003, 11:55 AM
markp27
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Devin
I just put in an order for a 705 kit with a NovaMega Sx12 engine package. I wanted to stay legal so no turbo engines. Looking forward to building it..I got alum shock bodies and vented brake disc to put on it while initial build. (I have the alum shock bodies on my xray and love them) How much do you limit the breaking due to the one way in the front? I use a Futaba 3PJS. Anyone enjoy the article of the 705 in August 2003 RC nitro mag? I just got it last week. Also in X-treem RC review of the 705, they say the kit centax clutch shoes in the manual are the wrong direction...is this true? Wanted to make sure I knew everything before putting the kit together. Thanks.
Until I really got my downstops equally set on my 705 I had my breaks set to something around 13% ATV on my 3PJS - Now that I've got the rear-end suspension working well, I've set the ATV to 50% and I can break pretty hard and straight. But, on my track I only have to break into corners following a high speed straight, which is probably why, due to the velocity of the car, I can set a relatively high ATV.
I would think if I was on a slower circuit, I may have to lower the ATV otherwise the rear end would lock up.
I never break right upto the corner, I prefer to break a little way off, then roll through still carrying some speed.

Cheers, Mark.