R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - New Ener-G 4600 Ni-MH Cell
View Single Post
Old 11-27-2007, 04:09 PM
Danny/SMC
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by thecrow2k
What I want, is a reputable company to make a cell like a 4000. Less capacity than 4200 so the capacity for it to be more stable as less energy required, the voltage will still be great at GP3700's and IB3800's were capable of awesome voltage. 4600 is unnecessary, just maxing out the cell which cant be good for reliability. The more capacity you try squezzing out, the less reliable it becomes, is impossible to increase capacity and retain stability.

I'm pretty sure we that a lower capacity cell would be a bit more reliable but I think the majority of the problem comes from the increase in voltage. IB3800s were 1.21 at best now 1.23 is the standard.

Some racers are well educated when it comes to cell capacity but ever since EP released 4600s we have gotten many emails asking when we would have 4600s so the fact it that some still think capacity is relative.

For those looking for numbers we really can't post exact numbers as were waiting for our first shipment that is due in next week. Based from what we have seen sample wise we hope that they will be 440+ with 1.23+