R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - CLEVELAND U.S. INDOOR CHAMPS 2007
View Single Post
Old 11-26-2007, 07:05 PM
miller tyme
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Brandon Rohde
Just going to add my .02 to what has been said already... Bill asked them to fix this for the mains, and it was a little better on Saturday night, but the damage was already done

... Bill Jr. got a UPS and this solved that problem, ...

The bottom line is that for a race this big, we need 2 laptops instead of desktops running, both of which have clean installs of Windows with no extra software on it. This can be arranged for next year, but we just need to know ahead of time...

There was no resistor in the loop, and it was over 20" apart instead of 12" apart. Jilles Grosskamp from AMB noticed that and said that was why so many laps were being missed.

The final problem is that someone kept checking the auto add feature, which should not be used on the primary computer. ..
. The issues came from hardware/power issues and user error.
Too read these comments from people involved in the event makes one wonder where 28 years of experience went?? These all sound like basic issues...Temperature swings effect wood...should have had a backup computer... it's only the championships and windows is renowned for reliability
and amb is a new system never used before no one should have known about the width issue!

Fire alarms, power surges, speaker problems those are freak occurrences hard to plan for

I have never attended this particular event but have attended many other large events in various disciplines including RC, including promoting several myself, for over 20 years...Sounds like someone should have been taking notes in the past.