R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Hot Bodies Cyclone
View Single Post
Old 11-26-2007, 08:20 AM
mangoman
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by LOSI123
Its only titanium coated im prety sure, which is just for looks in my opinion.
Personally ive never had problems with the diff screw. I had one snap once in a pro 4 but that was only because my mate said to tighten i up to the max because we were on carpet and i didnt have a spool.

There are two different thoughts with regards to the diff screw.
The first is to get an Asoociated diff screw which is some fat a$$ diff screw.
The second one and i think this is to help with the snapping problem but not sure (but ive always done it since i saw it and ive been running mod/19T) is to pop a shim in under the head of the diff screw when you build it.

Having said that im terrible with rebuilding diffs and only do it every few months or when the car suddenly is undrivable. When i rebuild the diff i usually just put in new diff rings (ive got about 20 sets of diff rings at home that i keep meaning to sand back) and replace the diff screw if it looks like its got some scoring on it, youll know what i mean if you look at the diff screw it will have scoring from where it looks like its been rubbing on the diff halves.

Also having said that i am currently running the delrin diff outdrives, although if you are running mod you should run the aluminium out drives as they are a lot more precise.