R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - OCM KAOS DOMINATING
View Single Post
Old 11-25-2007, 09:49 AM
ABURTON
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default Thanksgiving Thunder race.........

Well guys, it's in the books and we had clost 100 entries and lots of fast guys came in for the action. We had a d or e main in pro buggy and c or d main in pro truggy. Also had some good action in the sportsman buggy class as well.

Rained a little the day before the race. Track was perfect for practice on friday and the guys were rolling in. It was a little cool so we had several fire pots going all around to keep warm! Add that to some good cooking trackside and everyone had a good time. The owners gave a way a lot of nice prizes and really did a swell job of keeping things going smoothly! I think we had about 20+ ocm buggies at the event, some were team guys that came from as far as 14 hours away and the rest were racers that purchased the kit. It was nice meeting everyone!

Well, in pro truggy mark marrow was sitting 4th after qualis in only his first run with the OCM TRUGGY. He looked really good with it. He finished 3 in the amain and had zero problems all weekend with the truck and said it was a pleasure to drive!

We had several guys in the bmain..it looked as if Tyrone Echols of georgia would take the bump with his OCM in the Bmain. Late in the bmain he blew a tire out and dropped out of the spot. The guys looked really good and I was proud. Mark Johnson bumped from the bottom to the b after having motor issues throughout the day. After looking fast in the lower mains he lost a servo horn screw in the warmups of the b.

OCM did manage another TQ for this race by turning a 11 lap run at 5:15 run. The buggy felt great, was a dream to drive and just seemed so stable yet easy to push so hard. This track had a lot of braking bumps and uneven terrain, the OCM proved again it's very capable of holding it's own. Starting on in the top spot I dumped it on the first lap and all the cars went by! After a couple stops we worked up into the lead with Scott Stahl of Georgia close behind! With time almost out and a decent cushion I came in for a splash letting 2nd get close behind me....we held on for the win!

Thanks to my pit guys Mark and Tyrone, all the guys for coming out, www.tbirdhobbies.com, Tilted Fuels(www.bmainhobbies.com), OCM USA(www.ocmamerica.com), KMW Racing, www.tresleonard.com, machineshobbies.com, www.kieferdesigns.com for my paint, Shane Keller for all the tables, and just everyone for participating in this race!