R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Alex Racing Barracuda R2 & R3
View Single Post
Old 06-02-2003, 05:08 PM
Herminator
Tech Elite

RedBull do you ever feel it's better to have brakes, say on a track with a couple of important hairpins but not many sweepers that suit a one way. We have no rules against one ways here so I use mine all the time outdoors, tonight I felt the track layout was a bit poor for the one way though, most corners were 90degree or hairpins, the hairpins were tricky to take fast without running wide, would of been better being able to brake hard into them. Although I was still able to get my 19T to stick with the 12's although only with my good cells.
Results of the night were useless, qualified 5th, although my best run was with my poorest cells, dumped badly at the end, others running 12's were really messy tonight so I should of been lower down, last run i put a good set in only for the one thing I didn't check, the turnbibkle decided to unscrew it's ball link from the top deck at the front right. Pulled in wondering why I couldn't turn in one direction very well, just when I was on a flyer.
First corner of the final I came into the top four drivers little pile up, no where to go I hit one car and my corraly tube fell off my cells I hate soldering the little sods on, it's impossible to get the heat into the joint because it has to travel all the way round the tube and to the cell surface. Don't have time to hard solder so don't suggest it.......

What everyones experiences with 19T motors for the cuda? I find my Matrix goes like a rocket and wear is good. I'm looking to get a second 19T for club use since the track isn't large enough to use a 12T properly, and I want to try and keep my best motor for SMTCA events as this is where I'm concentrating my efforts this season.

and Dave......................