R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Australia is Offical Stuffed
View Single Post
Old 11-24-2007, 10:12 PM
sandyian
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Sorry Koenig but it's not a huge paycheck, that's alot of the problem. Lots of Aussies earn more than the wage paid to our Prime Minister and most people with the skill required to be PM would never work for so little money.

Turnbull would be one of the few people with the skill and real world experience that will also work for the money they are offered, fortunately he has made himself a small fortune with his own business skills so doesn't need the weekly pay cheque offered in his political role.

Even the benefits offered to Howard now will pale into insignificance compared to what a CEO of a reasonable sized company would be offered after 11 years of service. The CEO of Maquarie Bank will earn more just this year than Howard has earnt his entire political career. Our country needs honourable skiiled politicians but the money doesn't justify the work those guys put in.

Very very few people work the hours a minister, treasurer or PM work, and most of us wouldn't work half of their average week. My wife is good friends of the Qld's Treasure's wife, and her husband was just never home, and I mean never home during his time as a minister. 14 hr days almost 7 days a week is rediculous, and many builders, plumbers and sparkies would easily earn more they he earnt during that time if they worked simialr hours.

Pay them more and get some good politicians I say !