R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Kyosho Gas powered 1/12th pan car
View Single Post
Old 11-24-2007, 07:25 AM
Taylorm
Tech Master

Originally Posted by ApexSpeed
Cost should not be an issue where it is currently priced (with a motor). If the retailers say it is, they are lying and afraid of something new. It's a niche car, no doubt, but so are many of Kyosho's other current offerings, and that hasn't stopped the transport into the United States. Even the Evolva, at cost to double the potential price of the Spada, has a very limited cross section of buyers in this country.

I've already looked into buying one online and have it imported, but to this point, I have been hesitant to pull the trigger, only because the fact that I know parts supply and tires could be very limited, and I really wouldn't be able to race it yet. I love the car and the potential for a limited gas class, but right now, it's just a very cool discussion piece until it is brought to this country.

Bring 'em here and sign me up.
...i'm also hesitant to buy one overseas.....don't want to pay 20 bucks shipping when i need a 3 dollar part.........the cost is a non-issue as stated above.........like Apex said, Kyosho still imports their 1/8 on roads AND 1/8 off-roads which are some of the most expensive 1/8 off-roaders out there...........i can almost guarantee that if i took this car to my 1/8 track in the spring there would be 10 guys that would have one within two weeks......AND this car comes with a motor.......it would be the cheapest gas class to get into........tires...........unlimited source from 1/12 electric.(donuts)........Kyosho.........hello..... is anyone home.............