R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - anyone tried RPM 8115 ride height gauge?
View Single Post
Old 11-23-2007, 11:12 PM
mugenlife
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rhymster
well i dont understand by whatyou mean before the kit build. ya you need them then but why not aftera wreck you have never had a turn buckle slip on the threadsafter a wreck? just admit it man they are use full an ysetup tool.......................... besides the rpm ride height gauge
what would a goofy arsed set up tell me that needs to be on a perfectly flat surface tell me a pair of calipers wont? on my steering buckles they are the same length if one is pulled out or pushed in i measure it and adjust it to the right length without needing to set up a station....if you maintain your shocks and actually pay attention to your spacers and what the car looks like as it sits you will not be "far" off unless you DONT know your car. besides that since we are talking about cars getting "out of wack" during a race why would it be advantagous to always take 15 min to look at it knowing at some point in your run it will be different? i look at this the same way i do when people try to get the fastest engines .... if you cant or dont know how or where to use it does it really do any good? you may beat someone by .2 of a second down a straight but what about the infield? then the almighty drive it hard the whole race yet break in the last few minutes...to me knowing your car and driving smart are more important than the "perfect set up" or "perfect tune" because unless you KNOW your car it wont win or at least win constantly...