R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - CEN Matrix TR
Thread: CEN Matrix TR
View Single Post
Old 11-22-2007, 02:57 AM
Thorin
Tech Initiate

Default Steering rod & other Questions

Guys.

First of all, I'd like to give an advance thanks to everyone for all the little bits that they've talked about. I've finally, after weeks of waiting, got my FRE built and running with an OS 30VG. I'm running Sanwa MX3 radio gear with a hitec steel servo for the steering.

I have a couple questions though.

First of all, when I was running the engine in, I managed to errr... "rub" the shed and broke the steering servo arm and bent the 3x40 steering rod. Is there an upgrade for this part, Gene maybe you are the best one to answer that? I've replaced the servo arm with another plastic one, but I've noticed that a number of people have red aluminium parts instead. Are these CEN parts or just Al parts from other brands.

The other one is I noticed some mentions about the fact that on the rear, when using the smaller rod end that the dogbone pops out. I played around with it and found that on the suggested settings for the FRE that it did indeed fall out, so I replaced them with the longer rod ends. What sort of impact does this have on handling?

A friend of mine has the Losi 8ight-T and I've had a play with that. I've noticed that it turns on a dime, and my FRE doesn't seem to turn as quickly. I am using 4x1.2V NiMH batteries and someone suggested to me that because its 4.8 rather than 6, that it will slow the response down. Is there any way, with my radio, or with the truggy itself, to increase the rate of steering so it steers much faster?

Thanks again for your help, and hopefully someone can help me with these ones.