R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Corally RDX Phi
View Single Post
Old 11-20-2007, 10:42 PM
Still Bill
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by syndr0me
It's kind of like going back to an old girlfriend you broke up with for no particularly good reason. Or, at least, reasons that weren't as important as you originally thought. It's never quite the same, and the newness is gone. :-)

It would be interesting to continue the analogy out to what it means when I beat an RDX on the track, or drive a Phi after it smacks me down... but I'll save that as an exercise for your imaginations.

Anyway, here's something I do worry about, and it's something that kind of bugged me in the past when I talked to new people getting an RDX. Because Corally has so many running changes, it's hard to know what you're going to get when you buy a kit. With the foam kits that move fast, you're probably going to get a pretty recent revision. But with the rubber kits, and its lower popularity in the states, it's hard to know. I was hovering over the buy button on a Phi after a particularly bad week of racing last week, but that held me back a bit. I don't mean to be critical, it's just one of the drawbacks to going with running changes instead of updated kits/names. It's a little daunting to jump in in the middle of a car's life.

Alas, a little birdy whispered in my ear and helped me smooth out my existing car and make things fun again while I mull over my decision. Thanks little birdy! :-)

Hi Syndrome,

You are forgetting that we on the left coast run rubber on carpet. Just like everyone else in the world except you guys in the middle and eastern states...LOL.

I understand what you mean about buying a new Phi EU that COULD come without the updates. However, a call to Jeff Brown put my concerns to rest. Per Jeff, there were only about 50 of the original EUs out there early this year; and, he was confident that the stock was depleted some time ago.

A few days ago, without an EU being available at any local hobby shop (or at Corally USA), I resorted to buying an EU kit on eBay from Advantage Hobbies in California. The car came to me the day after they shipped it and I got exactly what I expected.

Get the new car anyway you can...You won't be sorry amigo.

Still "Birdy" Bill