R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 2008 Roar Nationals
View Single Post
Old 11-19-2007, 03:01 AM
Matt Howard
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dawn Sanchez
I have asked the committee's to submit their recommendations no later than 9/30 so the Excom has time to discuss the options available and research information the committee's used to make the determinations by the time of the Fall meeting, which is the last weekend of October.

Typically, the announcements for nationals for the following year are made early to mid November, when each track host (there are 10!) can confirm the dates and expectations on both sides of the event. (Host and ROAR's expectations)

I know that is short time for the carpet events typically held in March.... although the bidding hosts are very aware of this when they bid. Most people who expect to travel to these events are also aware and ROAR will do everything possible to make the Carpet announcements as quick as possible.

Again, sorry for the late post on this topic.

Dawn Sanchez
ROAR VP
Acting Competition & Promotions Director
RevUP ONLINE! Editor

(dont' forget, the next issue of RevUP ONLINE! which is due online 10/1 will have the election ballot for region directors in odd numbered regions and Canada and the ROAR Vice President position)
Originally Posted by Mr. McGoo
Do we know if the ExComm has met yet to decide? I am thinking they have not since no one has chimed in and said one way or another. Dawn Sanchez??? Anyone?????

....so with Thanksgiving this week....and if we are taking bets.......

December 19th.....
the ExComm was supposed to already have met, that's why we're all so impatient right now