R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Magic G4
Thread: Team Magic G4
View Single Post
Old 11-18-2007, 01:58 PM
RayJ
Tech Regular

Default G4S

I'm curious as to some observations you guys have purposely overlooked to comment on.

Rear Sway Bar- Guys if your running the blade type on the rear. It doesn't work. Why? The rear suspension travels further than the front. At the limits of handling the blade type sway bar binds. Hmmmm...even the top drivers yanked it off and ran a conventional modified bar. Can you imagine a top racer not being able to tune with rear sway bar?

Rear lower roll Center adjustment- NONE......huh??? Every other car has it and it's a valuable tool in car tuning.

Rear hinge Pin spacing: I wonder why all the other guys went to longer suspensions arms? So the thing would have better bumpy track driveability.

Fuel Tanks- Out of Spec. Some as much as 5ml's Fuel tank ribs prohibit filling the tank properly. You wanna give up 3 to 4 seconds per fuel stop go for it.

Outdated internal rive ratio- 2.55 vs 2.05 Okay if you want to be lose a tenth of a second out of each corner go right ahead. If you don't... then fork up $100.00 for the upgraded transmission kit. THat's $100.00!!

Clutch system: How many versions? Clutch with the car kit. UFO and UFO2?
Hmmmm.........and thats what $60.00 per pop?

Where's the price of the car and upgrades now?? $600.00

Common guys.........you wanna help your team magic following. Why don't you post what you need to have to first have at least a level playing field of car POTENTIAL compared to Mugen,Serpent, Kyosho and XRAY.

I'm curious though. Again the G4RS sales hype doesn't post the specifics of the car, and what was improved over the G4S.