R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - New JACO foam sedan tires
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2007, 04:05 PM
Jack Rimer
Tech Fanatic

Mark, we have no control over what some people decide to sell our product for. As someone else explained, they are using our product as a loss leader to sell other items. All we can do is ask them to play fair. They are, however, not obligated to do so. I know one mail order company that offered a deal on our tires buys from a major distributor just like you. I don't understand the reasoning of punishing my company when they are buying from the same source you are. The deals we are offering on our tires are pretty much the same across the board. We sell to all our distributors at an aggressive price. We don't play favorites. If you are selling more JACO's right now than other brands, why would you stop? Obviously, these online deals have not impacted your sales if this is the case. And if everyone was buying from online, what good would not stocking JACO do? Everyone would just buy online. My feeling is that if you sell our tires at a fair price (not crazy low), your customers will be content to not have to pay shipping and go through the extra effort of buying mail order. I don't think selling a product at a reasonable price makes you look greedy. I'm sure your customers have seen this and applaud your efforts to protect your interests.