R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - question about shock springs and oil
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2007, 04:52 PM
what happened?
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by DR ZAIRUS
ok! Here goes:

-I'm glad we got it straight about the 50ml bottle. the looks are deceiving!!

-About springs&oils, it all depends of what kind of track you'll be running on. If it has a mixture of small bumps, jumps, different types of curves, your better option is medium springs and oil arround 400 in front and 350 in the rear.

-Very soft combinations are only used in very rutted and bumpy tracks. Hard is only used on smooth and wide tracks (with the shocks in a more layed down possition).

-But first of all, you need to change the o-rings (little rubber donuts located in the hole were the safts go in and out of the shocks). They are the ones that keep the oil inside. if they are damaged or defective, the oil leaks out.

-Balancing: once fixed and full, press the socks one against the other,saft-end against shaft-end, to see if they compress at the same time or one does sooner than the other. Also, each one should go in all the way and rebound out to 2/3 8with 1/3 still inside.

Hope this helps....
that is super helpful, but your treating me like im a competitive racer. i dont care if all the shocks aernt 100% balanced (how bad can they be??). i dont know how many times ive said this but I DONT RACE i just wanna get this buggy up and running just to bash around, no tracks, no other cars around. ive only got about 20 mins experience with an rc car.

im figuring i want it to have a fairly stiff suspension and fast rebounding, what would you recommend for that setup?

ps: carolinas rc still hasnt gotten back to me, ive bought off them about 4 times now, i wonder why they aernt answering my email...