R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - GT class--buggy-based on road!
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2007, 03:53 PM
bvoltz
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JLock
It is not just the IGT, it is nitro in particular. People like the sound/noise the car makes, the smoke coming from the pipes, as well as hearing it shift gears going down long straightaways. I should know because I raced Barry's series this year and have had many spectators ask me questions about the cars, prices, etc. When they see the expert nitro cars, they love to see the action but bristle when you tell them how much you have invested in the car. They bristle less when you tell them you spend half to a third less for the IGT and it is almost a complete package. This is where HPI dropped the ball when they had the perfect package. The RS4/RS4-2/Racer/Racer 2 was very inexpensive (under $200), almost complete (RS4 and RS4-2 RTR kits), and was pretty durable (parts found in almost every hobby shop you go to). I digress. This class, along with any others that folks come up with, will succeed only if it gets support from the die-hards, whether a few actually race it or at least give support (tips, advice, instructions) to the newbies running it.

Yes I'm in agreement with you guys....

Nitro is what brings people out to watch... and we need a class that will allow people to try R/C racing at reasonable price...

As far as to the questions that others are asking, can I run this can I run that... I would say, your answer is in the rules. Unless it is stated in the rules, it is not allowed.