R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - HIGH DOWN FORCE WINGS
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2007, 12:34 PM
DOMIT
Tech Elite

Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sport10
I noticed a difference when switching from the stock wing on my losi to the proline HD wing. The wing made the buggy jump better but it also made it push in high speed sweepers. There is a difference. Now noticing a difference between the different brands of HD wings might be hard. The difference might be too small to notice.
Interesting point. I haven't noticed that... I run the Proline wing on my car. Admittedly, I just got the car, and may not push the car as hard as you do... but I've NEVER seen that car push, not even a little.

I've noticed a lot of guys running some extra weight added to the rear of the Losi. My thought is that the high downforce wing has the same effect as adding weight on higher speed turns, but allows the car to still rotate on the slower, tighter turns. I could be wrong though.

As you said the car jumps really nicely with the high downforce wing... although a Losi is pretty good over jumps to begin with.