Thread: BMI's DB12R
View Single Post
Old 11-11-2007, 06:20 AM
Apex
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by punkboy
Hey Jason/Team BMI,

I have to be sure to Thank You for the opportunity to run this car. I haven't run a 1/12 for well over a year, and was never really a factor before. I got to actually race my DB12R today for the first time and was on rails from the first pack and throughout the day. The car was so good it looked like I knew what I was doing. I had a little help from Dave Chester, Craig Xavier, and Mike Harold Sr. and went out to TQ and finish 3rd at our Regionals today at 'The Track' in MD. Had the lead for the first 7 minutes but had a brain fart and gave it away. Craig and Wes represented though and took 1 and 2 making it a BMI Racing 1, 2, 3.

It's also been great to be able to read this forum and get plenty of setup ideas to try out. I know Craig and I have both benefitted from it!
punkboy - Your car was really good last night. It was really steering well in and out of turns carrying a lot of corner speed. I was actually surprised you car was that good especially since I've always known you to be a sedan racer.

I am really impressed with this car. The rear end is planted like a spring car, but steers like a t-bar car. I finished putting the car together on Friday night and put it down on the track Saturday morning. With CraigX and punkboy's help with gearing and setup I picked up a full second on my lap times. The car still has a little on-power push, but I still have some things to try to fix it.