R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Cost of Parts - Crazy
View Single Post
Old 11-11-2007, 06:18 AM
ghuber
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kn7671
Last night I was looking for spare parts and noticed how crazy spare part prices are.

I have an XRAY T2 '007, and was looking to purchase a full extra set of CVD's. Using Ampdraw as a parts source, all the parts to build a single extra CVD for a T2 '007 would cost about $42.00, or $185 with shipping for a full set. That my friends means that 4x CVD's would end up costing almost 1/2 the price of a complete new kit.

I'm wondering if XRAY, or any company, has considered making a Spare Parts Kit. Basically include everything from a normal kit that is a normal wear/breakable item. You could exclude the upper/lower chassis, bulkheads, turn buckles, and screws. The spare cost prices of the chassis and bulkheads are priced high enough that you could sell the "Parts Kit for 1/2 the cost of a full kit w/o worrying about people buying a Spare Parts Kit and the Chassis/Bulkheads separately to make a full kit.

The Spare Parts Kit would get you a full set of shocks, bearings, CVD's, Belts, Pulleys, plus 2-sets of Arms, C-Hubs, and Uprights.
The cost of X-ray parts is absurd. Not to mention their ridiculous practice of releasing a new touring car every 6 months to 1 year.