R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Br00d Racing Motors
View Single Post
Old 11-11-2007, 12:57 AM
coons88
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Ok I need some help, I'm really lost on this one...
I bought a Tosolini CP a few months ago now which I got you to wind for me in a 12x1, and it totally kicks ass. But this weekend it let me down unfortunitly at a reasonibly big meeting.
During practise on Friday it was going strong, but about 4min into the run it seemed to die very quickly, I hadn't been timming, so I assumed it was just a sudden battery dump. So anyway, went out for another run abit later and it was still very slow, and needed to be push started. I was trying to get the very last out of my brushes in practise, so I thought they would have just gotten too small which would be why it wasn't going properly. So I put in some new brushes, skimmed the comm, put it back together and chucked it on the dyno, it was going great, so put it back in the car, and what do you know, same thing, slow, and needed to be push started, but what was weird was that when I picked the car up and moved the tyres to get it going, it would rev at full power, but once back on the ground it was walking pace. So at this time I was very confussed. So I took it out and put it back on the dyno, and it was now doing the same thing on the dyno too. So I spent all afternoon playing with it to try and get it going while in the mean time I used my OJ in my car which went good.
Finally I seemed to get the CP working properly on the dyno, so I quickly soldered it into my car before one of the finals, get to the grid, and now it just doesnt go at all. So I got a DNS, and I since have not got the motor to turn at all, either in the car or on the dyno, it's completly dead.

I am totally lost as to what it could be. Brand new brushes with a newly cut comm at .280". Has been properly run in. All bearings are free, nothing lodged in the can. Any ideas?

Also, my OJ is coming up for a new arm, are you guys able to wind something similar to what it comes with?

Cheers