R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Barracuda from Alex racing
View Single Post
Old 05-27-2003, 08:17 PM
itchynads
Tech Regular

xxkat: The 'cuda is not what I would call a mainstream car and it will not suit everyone. Inexperienced car builders can easily get frustrated with the car due to the care that needs to be taken when building it.

If you buy it from SpeedtechRC you will get a nice English language manual supplement, if you import it directly from overseas you will get a Japanese language manual.

If you want something that just works and has tons of support, get a TC3...if you want something that is different but will work just as well if not better get a 'cuda.

One thing in the 'cuda's favour is that it is built like a tank. Its bevel and diff gears can take some punishment unlike the Evo3 or Yokomo and its arms are the toughest you will find around. The lack of hingepins for the arms also mean that there is nothing to bend or break. This is one car that has a good chance of surviving a full face impact into a concrete barrier (My car survived this more than once). So in a way the 'cuda is more forgiving in terms of skill (or lack of on my part).

The 'cuda will do very well in stock form. The reason you see so many hop-ups on 'cudas is simply because they are available and they look good. If you have a lot more self-control than most us you will find that you will have to spend very little to get it competitive.

Last edited by itchynads; 05-27-2003 at 08:23 PM.