R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya TRF416 / TRF416WE / TRF416X
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2007, 11:23 AM
Jam-ehz
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JayL
what we need is a sweet little chart showing what parts carry over.
It seems to be very little that will resemble 415 parts on the 416... but most will be interested in what 416 parts will fit back on the 415..

Spur gear assembly is totally different, even the one-way pulley they'll have to remake in 18T, though 415 owners would be interested in that..

Belts won't carry, even 18T 415 users, as the motor/spur placement is further back..

Suspension will carry over to an extent, the 416 will be using new uprights to fit 5x10 bearings (and maybe accomodate foam tires!) while the arms and caster hubs will be the same LWS.. just hope you kept your original suspension universal axles! One issue might be the 45mm shafts that come in the 416.. will we need them in order to fit the new hubs on the 415, or is it just for additional clearance for narrower blocks and short arms?

Suspension blocks probably will be the same type, with the exception of the front A and D Bridge blocks since the belt is not centered anymore.. they may just end up releasing new ones in the same style as the X-blocks, flippable with a 3mm post included..

The front diff/one-way/spool will be different, more like the TA05's, mirroring the rear.. Larger pulleys are nice, esp. with the extra balls and larger plates, though I'll keep my 36T Widepitch for now.. the diff halves themselves will have to be larger to accomodate the bigger plates. Maybe compatible with the TA05, or the 415 rear at least?

Shocks are supposed to be a new kind, I guess we'll have to wait to find out how, and if they're any better than the regular TRF Special shocks..

I'd imagine they'd be using the same MRE steering, though I can't see..

So, basically short of the arms, C-hubs, wheel hexes and screws, there will be relatively little in the 416 that resembles 415 parts..