R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Hot Bodies Cyclone
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2007, 07:40 PM
mangoman
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by padailey
ok I've wondered something for awhile about spacers under the pivot blocks. I have an "S" upgraded with 3 racing parts so that almost all the plastic is gone. You said you used a 0 degree block on the front with 1 mm spacers under the blocks. I've tried that with my Cyclone and it just won't work. The arms rub against the bulkheads.... not to mention the steering turnbuckles hitting the FR pivot. Most setups I've seen that have raised the front blocks are using the 2.5 degree. That I could possibly see because it would move the arms a little away from the bulkhead. How did you get yours to work.... any modifications?

I'm from the Omaha area but unfortunately couldn't race last weekend. Wish I could have seen your Cyclone run... unfortunately I'm about the only Cyclone guy around running TC anymore. Hope you enjoyed our facility!!
Its not unusual for the steering turnbuckles to glance the FR block. On hara's original notes he was sanding them back.
Also note that they will hit if the wheels arent on the ground (which would'nt be the normal thing for wheels to do while the car is in motion!).

With arms rubbing the bulkheads im not exactly sure how that is possible, you will need to be more specific. About the point at which they are rubbing. But note if you are still running the plastic FR RF blocks then they are already raised, and if you are running the aluminium ones you will need to raise them 1mm to match the pivot blocks.

Last edited by mangoman; 11-07-2007 at 10:58 PM.