Thread: Rc10ntc3
View Single Post
Old 05-26-2003, 08:00 PM
fastharry™
Tech Elite

Location: Louisville, KY!.. USA!! ....Home of http://www.fastharry.com
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally posted by bbntc3
Now Harry, tell them how many times you have run on a track with boards? once maybe twice? Yes it will pop links off and yes it will compress the links.
I went to captured ball ends made a set of links, at 0 toe,1degree toe and 2 degree toe. By Punisher buckles longer than needed and cut to fit at exact length. where the turnbuckle is screwed all the way into cup, so it can't compress.
I think I bought 1 set of buckles 2 inches long and 2 sets at 1.750 length and cut them to fit.

no,your right....but the few times I did,I didn't have any problems...and that was on a long track.....I had enough yellow paint on the nuts to coat them...untill I got used to the track, I was hitting the boards at teh end of the 200 ft strait with the rear of the car..hard enough to snap the wing off the car,AND crack the rear wheel..(elligi)..the toe never changed..

I'm not saying its never been done,bit I don't think its a big problem...

in my travels,I talk to alot of hobbyists..I'm alsways asking what problems they have with the car....the toe links rarely come up,no lie...

but I will tell you this.....the Lunsford rear toe links are thicker than the std rear toe links...(thread diameter)..by aroung 4 thousanths....that may help in gettig more BITE into the RPM cup...so thye don't move..

he also said his links were popping of....BB,how many time shave yours popped off....I think to be compressing AND popping off the links,you gotta be hittin teh boards pretty hard..

Last edited by fastharry™; 05-26-2003 at 08:22 PM.