R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Barracuda from Alex racing
View Single Post
Old 05-26-2003, 03:25 PM
JDM_DOHC_SiR
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally posted by CIVIC91
Ok, I have a technical question.....I am frankly fed up with this car at the moment, but it may be my own fault. I have an R2 with the Pal drive system installed an Im having a very annoying problem. First off after installing the Pal system the driveline got louder, with more resistance in the driveline and its very apparent the front input shaft is wobbling....at least a few 1/1000s..at least. I have since got new input gears, and new shaft holders...still wobbling...and loud. Now after its first race day I went through 2 front diff gears and 3 input gears....the diff gear is chipping almost as if the oneway gear and the input gear are slipping. The input gear is wearing weird....it has the smaller part or front worn down, and the top or thicker part of the gear almost worn to a point. Now I have been racing sedans for 7 years....I consider myself a compitent builder and have had a few shaft cars, but Im stumped. I have the driveline shimmed correctly...it has a very small amount of "play" so the driveline is free, but not loose. What Ive noticed while driving it is when getting on the car coming out of the corner its clicking once or twice hard.....????

Now please don't tell me I need the aluminum shaft holders.....I already have close to 500 in this car and as far as Im concerned it should be a tank....its just built that way....Oh and even with the Pal system I stripped the spur gear....and it was a light tap on a fire hose!!! Someone please point me in the right direction...Steve??Redbullfix??? Its very close to having a new home..lol
I think that I can help you ...please PM me your e-mail address and I can send you some detailed pic's of what to do to fix some of the problems that you are having...also there has been a batch of defective gears (16T bevel ones) that are slightly offset and tend to make the gear wobble

-Dave