R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - How much servo 1/8 buggy???
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2007, 09:22 AM
Jason Halvorson
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rezenclowd3
I never said its a preference. However its the idea that you need an insane amount of torque that is not true. Any more torque than low 120s is not going to hold your line any better than say 300oz/in of torque IN A BUGGY. In a truggy it can be good because there is quite a bit more rotating mass to move. As for preference, I just desire any high dollar servo with torque of 120oz/in or more and a transit speed of .10 seconds/60º or more. Like I said before, I just wanted to try something new, and honestly, the Futaba BL451s are working better than my Airtronics 358s, but I can not say if it is because of age, the fact that they are digital or the fact that they are brushless. Next I am going to try the JR 9100s, but I KNOW that is overkill, and a super fast transit speed of .06 seconds will probably hurt me personally as a driver. I know in onroad any faster than .10 seconds does hurt my driving skills.
hey buddy im not trying to argue with you...im just saying that lots of torque is what i like, and works well for me, and i understand that lower torque works well for you...different strokes for different folks...