R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - TC3 Forum
Thread: TC3 Forum
View Single Post
Old 05-25-2003, 09:51 PM
Hooked
Tech Regular

Default Re: FT TC3 Front lower arm breakage (version2)

Originally posted by ASWK-TC3
Hi to all,

need help. I have had my FT TC3 for about 2 months and in this time i have broken 3 Front lower arm (version 2). It happens every time my car hits the side kerb. even when off throttle (i am using 15 turn). I am curious why i keep breaking the arm so easily when it is graphite. I noticed that it breaks at the area when the suspension arm is screwed into the lower arm.

Have any of you had this problem?

Can i solve it with a stronger and bigger bumper?

Also, will after market arms be better? How about the normal arms (non graphite) be compared to the graphite ones?

Cheers
I have 3 TC3s (yeah I know ... I can only drive one at a time ...) ... 1 has the large front and rear bumpers (BRP or RPM, I can't remember) and the other 2 have the stock bumpers ... In my experience, the larger bumpers help a bit, but I find that sometimes I tag a board hard and don't break an arm and other times I just tap a board and I am out of the heat due to a broken arm ... this could obviously be because of a previously stressed part or the angle at which the forces of the collision are applied to the arm ...

To make a short story long, I think that the larger bumpers help, but I would still keep a couple of spare arms in your tool box ...