R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Phoenix - The CEFX C12 is Reborn!!
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2007, 06:12 AM
Josh Cyrul
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

wallstreet - Nope, all the stock and 19T drivers will run the C12 Evo2 through the remainder of this year. The car has proven again at the HC that it's the fastest car on the track and to us, the Phoenix is still so new that we have a lot of testing/learning to do with the car at the major races. I don't see any reason to disrupt the success we have and have had with the C12, especially until we are as comfortable with the Phoenix as we currently are with the C12.

RBLove - Thanks!

mnracer - Modified, we've been running the PF Speed 12. Most of our stock drivers run the Parma Speed 8 HD. If the bite is super high, I normally try a Parma Speeed 8 (not the HD) but I haven't yet on the Phoenix. Neither of our cars come with bodies or tires anymore - we know people have their own preferences and they race at different types of tracks so I don't see putting these items in the kit where they only add cost and could be potentially wasted items that the customer can't/won't use at their track.

Mike - It's how we learn..lol... I'll give up the TQ for the win anyday!! Great drive in the main!!

razzor - The Japan spec Phoenix comes with a 2.5mm chassis that is bi-directional graphite making it much more flexible. In the past, we have sent some chassis over to Japan for testing and the flex that we have in this chassis seems to be a good balance of steering/traction/corner speed. This kit would be much better suited for asphalt racing.