R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - How much servo 1/8 buggy???
View Single Post
Old 11-01-2007, 03:42 PM
DR ZAIRUS
Tech Adept

Default How much??

Each one has his own taste....I use Ko Propo 13 KG (aprox. 180oz?)/ 0'13 sec for steering and HNS-2 (Futaba 3305) 9Kg (aprox 125oz?) for throttle.

Of course, the more torque and speed the better, a part from $$$ cosiderations, I would think you wouldn't need more than 200 oz for steering. More speed than 0'10 sec might actually be too fast to handle. Remember we use dual rate to make it easier to control steering and throttle in low grip conditions, wich are very freequent in off road.

Throttle/ brake is more than enough with 9kg for me, since I use phenolic disks that yank the car to a stop. It might be more important to have more speed here for faster transitions. Then again, there's throttle/brake acceleration functions on Tx/Rx to compensate and make the servo's reactions a bit faster...

The advantage of going digital is faster and more precise response, especially using a Tx/Rx system like HRS. Still, anything faster than 0'10 I think would be hard to handle and is less important than good driving skills.....

One last thing to make y'all grit your teeth: I have ordered a set of MG 995 servos (who knows where those are made??HEHEHEH), just for the heck of it. I'll be surprised if they really are coreless, metal geared, 15Kg and last more than 5 minutes, but they where only $15 a piece!!! I might keep them for an emergency or pass them on to buddies that are just starting out....

All of this are my personal opinions...each man for himself!!!