R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Schumacher Corner
View Single Post
Old 11-01-2007, 02:11 PM
yyhayyim
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Nexus
I agree with Paul.

IMO I think most people are making a bigger deal about the weight then anything. At the club level and trophy races I really don't think you will see it. Maybe....big maybe...at National races you might gain a little if you drove perfectly over the 5 minutes.

I run my car with a Novak GTB, 13.5, KO RX and have never felt the car was slower because of weight.
IMHO, Lap times are the only sure way to know if you're faster or slower, as well as ESC and motor temps...in real racing weight is very important...its a key performance issue in F1 and other pro level 1:1 racing...it is very relevant for rc racing also...its physics, and running at 50g more weight than your competitor for example, has to influence your car's performance and handling...most of the time it means a bit less acceleration/punch, higher esc /motor temp which effects their performance and efficiency, which affects battery runntime, etc, as well as other factors...just because one runs at club level doesnt mean one shouldn't care about these things...if you're a competitor you care about having the edge all areas and keeping weigth as low as possible is a huge part of real and racing and its also very relative in RC racing.

Anyways as PW has stated, Schumacher R&D is already working on this issue, and a solution will be forthcoming which will for sure make all of us very, very happy in this regard...the car is great, but with a LW edition, it will be perfect...

Last edited by yyhayyim; 11-01-2007 at 07:58 PM.