R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya TB-Evolution III
View Single Post
Old 05-25-2003, 06:04 AM
defMondo
Tech Addict

Default Re: before getting kit

Originally posted by VenomWorldOrder
i'm a electric newbie who has had a 2 year run in nitro. what option parts do i need for the surikarn edition evo 3?

-are there different caster blocks which i can purchase what are the part numbers?(front and rear blocks ) (part numbers please)

-also what gears and motor pinion gears do i have to buy for small/medium/large/extra large tracks?? (part numbers please)

-what are the part numbers for the option springs and swaybars?

i couldn't find any of it in the tamiya website
I haven't seen any different caster blocs.

The car will come with tamiya 0.4 pitch spurs (EVO3 had 3 x 96tooth and 3 x 90 tooth) it also comes with a 34 tooth 0.4 pitch pinion. You can stick with the Tamiya pinions all the way from 34 up to 53 (maybe a little higher) or you can get a 71 tooth 48 pitch spur and replace the 0.4 pitch ones with it, then just use standard 48 pitch pinions.

The surikarn kit should be similar to the EVO3 and it will come with a full compliment of sway bars ( 3 fronts SMH and 3 rears SMH). It should come with yellow springs as well. The springs are the normal Tamiya touring car springs which you can buy in packs of 4 pairs and will include (soft to hard) 2xRed,2xYellow, 2xBlue,2xWhite.

You should be able to get the numbers from Tamiya website for the pininons and the spring sets. They are just standard parts and not really specific to the the EVO3.

Hope this helps.
Tony