R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Magic G4
Thread: Team Magic G4
View Single Post
Old 10-31-2007, 02:40 PM
British Menace
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by vc05hdt
Can someone please answer my question; why have the distributors pulled the pin on TM in America? It appears some on this thread know but ???
Sam at TMA/ Raceday Hobbies will maybe come on and answer that or maybe he wont??! Who knows!?

Maybe if I say what I know, having been a rep'/tech support and sponsored driver for TMA and Raceday Hobbies. It may spur him on to answer your question from his prospective.

Sam wanted to run TMA his own way and that wasn't exactly how TM wanted, but they were prepared to sit and watch what happens.
Having had a reasonably long and good relationship with TM, through Raceday Hobbies, and with his sales experience. TMA seamed a good prospect for TM.

I understand there is differing opinions on the direction TM should go within TM and these seam to have equel weight within TM.
Some want the distributors to do as they are told by TM in all aspects of TM products, others are more approachable about different ways to market and sell TM products.
However............
It came to the "unstopable force meeting the imoveable object". TM wanted things done their way and Sam (TMA) wanted to do things his way.

In the end (cutting a long story short) TMA felt that TM was not acting with integrity and decided to pull out of the distributorship of all TM products.

This is admirable in one respect in that they feel that a company should act with integrity and good business sence...................... here here to that !!!

On the other hand, TMA are letting alot of dealers down after promising them they would be able to supply the dealers with all TM products.

With either way of looking at the situation, both are wrong, and both ways are right. It just comes down to how you want to look at things.

TM, I consider to be at fault in that they gave some rope and room for manouvre to TMA to market and distribute their products as they (TMA) see fit. Then turned tail, and ended up telling them, Sam, what to do and how to do it! (Run their business that is!)

TMA I consider to be at fault for not cementing a good business deal with TM in the first place so at least some time could elapse before they (Either TM or TMA) could withdraw from the 'deal'. This way then, dealers, having been promised everything, I know, I promised them(!!), could at least get the products a foothold on the local market and install confidence in the company (TM) and the supply route (What ever the long term supply route became)
Dealers are now faced with having some considerable stock bought from TMA that will probably be very hard to sell due to customer misstrust, dissatisfaction and frustration.
Is that one person's fault? Maybe.....maybe not. Either way, I think both TM and Sam at TMA (Raceday Hobbies) should take equel share of the blame for the state of thing's in the U.S right now. Concerning TM products!!

This is all my opinion and should be taken that way. Do I have the full story? ..... No. But this is all what I do know!!

There has never been any question concerning TM products and their endevour to produce quality products. They just need to gain management that rivals their product quality.

For the first time in 7 years, I'm considering moving to a different RC company and leaving TM........ for what that's worth to anyone...lol

Regards,
British Menace