R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - O.S. VZ-R V2 .21
View Single Post
Old 10-30-2007, 01:50 AM
M7H
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by bigredspeed
Hi M7H, my statement is based on the times from the worlds, i was following shimos times and seeing how far behind he was from the italian mills and shimos times were pretty close. so thats why im saying the engine seems to be doing ok and will make a impact to market when it comes out.
I wasn't there, so I can not comment, but I did read that Shimo's OS was leaned out so far, there wasn't any smoke coming from his exhaust when running on the track, it also broke, I read in the reports somewhere.

But, as OS is there for a long time, they should be able to compete with the top.

Piccos are great motor. i think if i ever buy another italian motor it will be a picco, very reliable motor, but i have to give award to MRT NINJA. that motor has really taken the market for reliabilty and perfomance. in the italian mills
The MRT Ninja at this moment is the most expensive engine here in my country (around 700,- Euro's)
It seems like they need to gain money, they lost with the R01 and R01A?....
reliable?, well i've seen all sorts of problems with the Ninja engines, just the same as any other brand....
Also it is not the fastest, the far less expensive (400,- Euro's) Mega ZX21 EM (Eduardo Picco Modified) is just as fast or maybe even faster, and has more runtime......
But ok, it doesn't look "cool", because it has a normal coolinghead, instead of the magnesium one....