R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Losi 8ight building and setup
View Single Post
Old 10-29-2007, 03:15 PM
Merciless
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Matt Howard
The 8ight wears out parts fast?!? This summer I replaced the front center drive shaft twice, and that's it besides clutch shoes and shock boots. This was racing all summer long every weekend
I THINK so YEAH....... I also think the Buggy's GREAT

This is compared to the Mugen I used to use and the Xray me Dad ran. Now we BOTH use Losi's, I think that says alot.

BUT the quality of the parts on the losi is inferior and they do wear faster. Some things like Diff cups for instance never needed replacing in the time i had my Mugen but my losi's only done a few months (6 meetings tops) and needed the cups replacing. The center FRONT drive shaft is well worn although will last alittle longer yet.The little plastic guides on the ackerman plate allow play very quickly, The plastic tie rod ends get sloopy very fast, but are a cheap fix so i change them out often(but this was NEVER needed on the Mugen).

Maybe I simply like my buggy in a closer to new state than some of you .... I don't like excessive play in things. With over 20years racing RC I know how to maintain my buggy's and I know how to make them work for me on race day.

I haven't said it's not a tough buggy.If you fail to finish a race with it, It's YOUR FAULT, It's tuff as old boots(and also very bendy). But thats not to say it dosen't wear quickly. (to clarify quickly ......a good bit faster than the buggy's I'd use as the bench mark of quality MUGEN and XRAY).

All that said I'll still be racing the LOSI on the weekend cause for me it's the fastest