R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - XBR vs GTB vs Sphere?
View Single Post
Old 10-29-2007, 08:51 AM
idbdoug
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Yeti35
You can run a Novak motor with an LRP speedo, it does not matter. Not sure what you mean by the Novak already being soldered out of the box other then the wires are attached to the speedo. I think you meant to say the EX motor does not come with a sintered rotor for as far as I know that motor comes with the older bonded one. You can run mod with the XBR, just not as hot of motors like you can on the GTB.
I guess my earlier post was not clear. If you buy a GTB 13.5 system, all wires are pre-soldered to speed control and to the SS13.5 motor at least that is the way mine came in the box. I did not mean to imply that a Novak motor and a LRP speed control would not work together. There a couple of guys that mix a LRP brushless speed control with a Novak motor and it works well, I just elected to stay with like products. I would not get the stock 13.5 LRP brushless motor because it does not come with a sintered rotor, whereas the Novak SS13.5 brushless does come with a sintered rotor. As far as mod, I believe the XBR only goes down to a 8.5. I know most of our 4WD electrics go lower than this on their motors. As a rule of thumb at our track, mod racing get the GTB or LRP, for stock you can run XBR. I have not seen anybody in mod running the XBR.
My 2 cents worth
idbdoug