R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - MD/PA/DE racers, where to race??
View Single Post
Old 10-27-2007, 07:24 AM
Team Speedy
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rtherbe
We need an indoor carpet in Lancaster, Pa. we have nothing that is more than an hour away We have several hobby stores within reach, but zero on road support, although they do sell on road products.
Agreed! Luckily the 'Bowl is only 30-40 minutes away from me. All other tracks have closed or carry no on road support at all.

There use to be a small flee market in Downingtown, Pa. It was a hobby shop and had a small on road/oval track but I can't recall the name. My father use to go in there for his airplane parts and it always amazed me when I walked in there. (I was only 4-6yrs old then!) The track closed in the early 90's I believe. (The fleemarket was dozered and a grocery store and a Home Depot took its spot.) (*Right across from Wegmans is where I'm talking about.) It moved into Thorndale/Exton area across from the FORD dealer (Brian Hoskins) and then closed for good. I believe the parts and supplies went over to Frazer across from the Frazer Bowling Lanes. I'm not sure if the shop is still there or not guess I'll have to swing in there one day to see if it exists still.

*Does anyone recall the tracks name that was in Downingtown? I always wondered about it..