R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Kyosho Evolva
Thread: Kyosho Evolva
View Single Post
Old 10-26-2007, 12:01 AM
occ
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by antone
I have an issue with the eccentric bearing hubs for the front and rear bulk heads and the adjustable aluminum steering bellcrank. I just need to know which direction to turn the eccentric hubs to put tension on the belts and to to reduce the tension because i am using the empire mid-block and its seems like there is alot of drag on the the drive train. Lastly what can I do to the adjustable steering bellcrank to stop it from hitting the front belt.
Does the empire mid block have the intergrated front belt tensioner? If so, then you dont need to use that becasue the front eccentric hubs do the job anyway. Remember, with the eccentric hubs, you can swap the sides over which is what I do for either the front or back bulk heads so you should be able to get the right tension. Cant remember the settings I have at the moment, will check tonight.

Yes, the aluminum steering will hit the front belt. I have filed down those 3 different adjustment inserts, use a shorter screw & make sure I use loctite. Or just the standard plastic ones.