R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Serpent 705
Thread: Serpent 705
View Single Post
Old 05-22-2003, 08:00 PM
InitialD
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by superk
So..where can I get the deal on 705?? after all that read... My impulse pro running pritty good... all the parts from my impulse will fit the 705??? Belt, a armm, up right and turn knockle...most braking parts.

I also....thinking of getting an 705 upgrade kit from Bruckner Hobbie...will it worth the money?? or should I just go get a new one?? any one with any experience with the upgrade kit?
Yes, the Impulse PRO parts are the same as the ones used on the 705 to a certain extent. The shock towers, pivot pins, the arms, knuckles, belts are the same. However, note that the pulleys aren't when it comes to braking parts (of ever they brake ).

The upgrade kit is not worth the money. You do not get the Centax II and the new lightened 2 speed gearbox found on the 705. I don't think there is a rear ball diff either in the upgrade kit. Even Serpent reps from the Holland office commented that they had already stopped making these upgrade kits as they think that it is not worth it and that is the reason why they did not publish it in their products forum.

Better way I think is to sell the Impulse PRO and get the 705 or if you're like me, get the 705 and keep the Impulse PRO as a spare car for parts or if you like as a test car to experiment with different setups, gearing etc.