R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - OS .21 VZ-B Problems if any..
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2007, 03:17 PM
Crocket
Tech Apprentice

Exclamation

Oh Yeah, IMO OS is the way to go, I have been running a V-Spec for almost a year now and up until last sunday it was running as strong as ever. Very easy to tune and holds its tune extremely well, excellent fuel economy and awesome power. I replaced both bearings to ceramic after about 5 litres (a must as the standard ones in the Blue head V-spec are its weak point).
Last sunday, 12 mins into the 20 min A main with a 3/4 of a lap lead my engine started to run lean under acceleration and flamed out, my pit man got it started and after a lap it flamed out again only to find that the Carb had fallen apart (see picture below)

Unfortunately this was not spotted straight away so while trying to start my car on the starter box it was sucking dirt straight into the engine through the side of the Carb.
I am now considering buying an OS Speed and will look at rebuilding this engine and keeping it as a backup.
Does anyone have any experiences with the Speed motors and can advise which is better, the Alloy head or the Magnesium head, please give reasons and not just vote for one or the other.
Cheers guys.........Dave