R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Schumacher Corner
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2007, 01:14 PM
seaball
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Customworksking
On Goetz iic setup sheet He say's add .75mm to wheel hex to get 190mm well it's no way near 190 I have my car setup like his the only way I c to get 190 is to add to the screw block spacers...unless the parma wheels r wider? any input will help!
the offset of the 53's is the about equal to current jacos.

i'm staring at his setup now and i think it's correct. the .75mm fr (front) hex spacer will combine with the 1.5mm of screw block spacers to yield maybe 189mm in the front. you can fit about 2.75mm/side of width spacers (either at the hex or the bulkhead) in the front before the car spills over 190 with foams. he's just short of that, at 2.25/side.

the rear of the car doesn't use any screw block spacers (except at the inverted front set to get correct toe), but his sheet instructs us to use enough axle shims to get to 189. i estimate this to be around 2mm/side at the rear hexes.

hope this helps.

note* if you need more steering with this particular setup, i would suggest dropping the front oil in small steps, doing only one shock at a time for the purposes of comparison.

- kazuyoshi sumori -