R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Twister Tires?
Thread: Twister Tires?
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2007, 09:53 AM
Jamie Corrado
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Lance72RC
The twisters are great for sedan my dad has been running them for years. So my brother and I decided to try them on 1/8 this year. Traction and wear were good. But when you have wheel failure traction and wear aren't going to matter. We had 4 different twister wheels have the pin slot fail and the wheel then ends up spinning on the shaft or slipping over to the next slot. I've never had this problem with any other tire. And it was not just my brother and I. Others racing with us experienced the same problem with twister tires. When i'm racing for a series championship or a big race. I want to be able to depend on my tires to have no problems like this. I don't feel that my expectations are too high. When i'm paying $15 dollars or more for a pair of tires. I expect to get more than 5 or 10 minutes out of them. Before one of the tires is junked out cause the pin slipped. Again the Twister tires are great for sedan. I'm sorry to say, because I like Twister tires. But next year for 1/8, i'll be looking for a different tire manufacture.

Lance,
Although I do understand your frustration maybe a PM or phonecall could have cleared this issue up. With that said, the issue with the 1/8th tyres has been fixed some time ago. I am wondering how old the tyres you talk of are. They have been redisigned and have been issueless eversince.
Twister Tires USA is also under new management, Kevin Hutchinson www.twistertiresusa.com, any and all issues are resolved through him.
Sorry for your luck.