R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya TRF416 / TRF416WE / TRF416X
View Single Post
Old 10-20-2007, 01:28 PM
mac853
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Blueman Austria
Its like you said. The main field for the 416 is BL Modified, but i think the car perform also well in all slower classes. 17T is also pretty fast, and the new "more flex" layout sounds also good.

In my stock series nobody races TA05`s or cyclone s style chassis. All guys run the top end chassis like HB,Xray,Robitronic,TOP, ....., wich is for sure not necessary to win. I am always surprised how good my old TB02 performs.

The main point is that this kits came already with all parts included. Drive shafts, Alu Dampers, and so on.

I race my Evo5 for the upcoming winter and also the next summer season. and then we will see what Tamiya has in stock for me. A new Evo6, or the new 416XYZ, or i stuck with my lovely 5er.....

Lets see. But it will definitly be a blue one.

Greetings Blueman
I know, but we have to look there's 2 japanese national races, the Sportsman class was beginning from 19 to 21, so first to see these 2 nationals then take note and make decision so further.

My choice list:
TRF416: if it's also good for stock race
S400:too much heavy, specially on drive train, less option parts, not really fit to race on stock and no limit weight race
Xray t2008: like S400
Kyosho TF5 shin: i never seen people drive this car before in my town, no parts
Robitronic: like TF5
Yok BDM: not very popular, maybe will be replaced with newer version after JMRCA expert race
Cyclone: like BDM, waiting for Cyclone2
Top Scythe: i never seen japanese team drivers with this car to race, maybe 2008 will have a revolution one